Hi all!
Well, we've booked the hotel for the Dallas audition! The venue is actually the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Arlington.
Also found out that I have to have three songs prepared. Instruments are NOT allowed for the first three rounds, so I'll be singing a capella. I believe we've settled on the perfect song for the first selection. I'll be singing an arrangement of "At Last" by Etta James. Of course I will do more of a Christina Aguilera spin. I think it will be a nice angle to go in with.
I'll keep everyone updated as we choose the next two songs!
Love all-
My 2014
-
To Do:
• Write my thesis
• Finish up both my graduate programs
• Read 52 books
• Get my computer life organized
• Blog more
• Write more; Speak more; Say ...
12 years ago
I'm so excited for you Bobby! You make me proud! :)
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm exploring a strong option for my second song. Hint: it's the Song of the Week! Not sure if it's powerful enough... If you have any suggestions, I am still looking for two other selections.
ReplyDeleteWednesday I am going to Fort Smith to get in the studio with Jason. He's going to help me arrange "At Last" and play with some other tunes to get my song selections set. I'll also be recording them a capella so shoot me a note if you want a copy of that.
That's all for now! Would love to hear what you've been up to!
okay, so as much as I hate it, I don't think I'm going to be able to go on the audition trip with everyone. I really wish I could, but I just can't ask off that much with all the other stuff I have going on to ask off for the next couple months, and with me asking off this weekend to come down there as well. Plus, with the way I've been feeling lately, I wouldn't be much fun anyway...:-( I don't even think I could do any day long thing. I will still send with you all my prayers and positive energies though!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to back out, but I still can't wait to see you all soon!
I think that this song has great potential. I think that you can revise it and make it wonderful! Get in the studio. See what you can do with it. Make things happen!
ReplyDeleteP.S. of course i want a copy of your stuff. And that's a standing order, ya don't even have to ask.....I want a copy!! :)